Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Day 1=SUCCESS!

I'm so excited to have started my 24 day challenge with Advocare and I'm pumped to see where this all goes!

I started my challenge by weighing, taking measurements, and before pictures. I'm embarrassed to post that info for everyone to see because I can't believe I've let myself get to this point. But, I need to post it so it's out there for the world to hold me accountable and as a way to look back and see where this all began.

On Monday, July 28, 2014, I weighed 255.0 lbs. 

My measurements were as follows:
Chest=44 inches
Waist=41 inches
Hips=55 inches
Thigh=31 inches
Upper Arm=15 inches

Here are my before pictures...extremely unflattering!




I had also began to retain water over the weekend, so this number was much higher than the week before. I'm heading to the doctor on Thursday to get checked out because my feet and ankles are so swollen that they hurt. I have increased my water intake from nearly nothing to about 100 ounces per day. I have also decreased my sodium intake to whatever naturally occurs in food, so that is very low. My blood pressure is normal as well, but I'm still concerned. I just want to make sure nothing is going on with my heart or lungs.

However, despite everything going on, my first day was a success! My sister and I got up early and rode our bikes. It wasn't as long as I had planned for, but time got away from me. I'll have to get up a bit earlier to get it done on top of cooking breakfast, packing lunch, and getting ready for work. I felt good all day long, even though I feel like I'm always eating!

Day two hasn't been quite as successful. I was not able to exercise this morning due to a severe migraine that woke me from my sleep at 3:30 am. I also had a hard time eating any breakfast because I was so nauseous from the pain. I was able to choke down most of it and keep it down. I'm sitting here now trying to eat my lunch and it's hard to eat when you don't feel well and just don't feel hungry. But I need to eat, so I'll just keep trying. Other than my head hurting, and the resulting nausea, I still feel pretty good today...a little more sleepy, but a midday Spark should help that.

Overall, I feel better already and I'm praying that my health checks out on Thursday and that things continue to improve every day.



1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!! Remember that this journey will be hard. The hard is what makes it GREAT! Badass cannot be bought, given, inherited, or stolen...it must be earned every single day! #bebravebebadass

    ReplyDelete