Sunday, July 20, 2014

A new journey ahead!

So, I am not the best when it comes to writing, especially about myself, so you'll have to forgive me. But, I am embarking on a new adventure next weekend and I am so excited! I want to journal my progress as a means to inspire others and to hold myself accountable.

I weigh more now than I ever have. The past year and a half, I have had some major back pain and problems, crushed my right hand in the car hood, had hand surgery, had a major car accident, broke my wrist (of the hand that I had surgery on,)  and had a significant concussion that has turned into post concussive syndrome, leaving me with memory issues and a daily fight against headaches and fatigue. I see several doctors and therapists every week and I am on many medications to help with the results from all these things. I had pretty much given up on losing weight and feeling better.

Through a series of events, I have been blessed to have several people on a team behind me, helping me along in this journey. Starting next weekend, I will start a 24 day challenge through Advocare and a new way of eating. I am looking forward to this, but at the same time, I'm a little bit nervous.

My friend, Angela, has been cheering me on in my attempt to start exercising again, even creating Operation Caryn's Smiles, and it has renewed in me the fight to try this thing again. She put me in contact with Nathan, who is jumping in this thing with me...he has no idea what a mess he has on his hands...and after talking with him, I have a sense of hope that this might actually all be possible. For more info about @TeamEndured and Operation Caryn's Smiles, visit http://www.enduredgirl.com/

I am ready and I am hoping that someone out there can relate to my struggles and realize that anything is possible with the right team behind you. I am trying to be brave now, so I can be badass later!


No comments:

Post a Comment